Below is another job offer scam message I just received. It looks like a legit message, right? Then what’s wrong with it?
1. It has no company name, location or phone number to call.
2. It has the compensation offered straight within the letter. I’ve never seen any normal company extending a salary offer without interviewing you first and checking how much you made before.
3. The sender appears to be Mary Kay. It appears to be sent from NoReply@site.careerbuilder.com. However, when I click on “Show Original” in my Gmail (accessible from the drop-down menu next to reply button on the right, top of the message), the message source shows it arrived from email@example.com – someone’s free Hotmail account. Hmm, a real company? Not likely.
4. They are asking me for information that already exists in my Career Builder resume (Name, cell, land line, email), so they either don’t read Career Builder resumes thoroughly because they are lazy (and why would I want to work for such a company?) or more likely they really don’t have access to Career Builder resumes.
VERDICT: Scam, written all over it.
Dear Zarko Njakara.
It is a pleasure offer you our up-to-date opening. Our team is intent on finding a new Assistant Manager in your city. Hereby we are all excited about the contribution you can fetch up to our firm.
Firstly we would like you to discover our activity briefly. Our business deals with global consulting, outsourcing and provides various IT services.
Mixing great experience, total opportunities across all the businesses, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, we deal with the partners to promote them as high-level organizations. Using our professional skills, expert’s appraisal and technology capabilities, we find out new business and technology trends and evolve solutions to serve the customers all around the world. We would like you to notice that we have many clients located in the USA.
If accepted, your base compensation package includes a monthly salary of $4500 paid biweekly, full medical and dental coverage through our corporate employee benefit plan. At the beginning you have to go through the 2-week training period, ending which you will get paid $1800.
As Assistant Manager you are responsible for:
- Maintaining correspondence with the local customers
- Announcement of information to clients
- Carrying out administration work
- Negotiations` arrangement between the company and clients
- Analysis, systemization and exploration of complex customers` database
- Organization of payments directly from the local clients to our programmers by means of international money transfer systems
- Reckoning up charges of the company
- Drawing up business reports and reports of internal use
Our Assistant Manager should have a gift of diplomacy and should be an expert in the following subjects:
- Computer mastery
- Usage of Microsoft Office
Actual timeframe: from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. including 1 hour of a break Monday through Friday.
To accept this position please fill out the following gaps and send us them via email:
1. Your complete name
2. Your cell #
3. Landline #
4. Your e-mail
Accepting this offer you understand, that employment is offered at will, meaning both you and the company may decide to terminate employment without notice and this offer letter of employment should not be considered a contract.We look forward to joining you to our team.
Another Scam job offer.